nrc's role in the davis bessie messie?

Hi all

I asked Dave Lochbaum what he thought the NRC's role in the Davis Bessie Messie

was. I was wondering where the heck the resident inspectors were and what they

were doing, especially since the NRC recently released a report blaming the

messie on the utility. . Here's his answer. Comments from you all are welcome.

(still me writing) So are resident inspectors more than paper pushers? I was

amazed at the Salem Staem Generator public meeting that the steam generator

expert inspector said that he personally had never inspected a steam generator

tube at a nuclear plant, just inspected the results.

Is NRC leaving too much in the hands of the utilities?

Norm