Re: submarines and Norm

Kent, the reason they may never be refueled, is the robust fuel elements,

unique geometry, and the fact they used highly enriched fuel.  Fifteen years

and they still have nearly half of their fuel left.  Also, because cost is

no problem, they can build and equip them with high integrity materials.

Also, try and build a steam generator with the same material processes and

specs the Navy uses, and see what it costs.  Steam generator chemistry, as

many, commercial PWRs found out is not just basic chemistry and periodic

evaluation.

Dean Chaney, CHP