Re: West Wing, et. al.

As one of the Radsafers that started this thread, I would like to point out

a couple of things:

1) I, like Ruth, am not particularly "outraged", overwrought, or in any

other way bent out of shape.  Just expressing an opinion.  I do not need to

"get a grip" or "get over it". I'm somewhat surprised at the intensity of

some of these responses.   I'm pretty much at peace with the universe,

except for a few days at tax time.

2) I was just pointing out that adding little distortions is one of the

ways the anti's work.  They do.  It has some effect on some people, none on

others.  If nobody says anything to counter them, the ones who are more

easily influenced see only one side.

3) I think the response I saw in the media was a good one, and accomplished

exactly what we need to in these situations.  (I'm referring to the

newspaper story that came out right after the West Wing espisoden - I've

lost the reference, but it began with a tongue-in-cheek bulletin about

Martin Sheen not actually being president).  The story had a positive tone

and simply pointed out what really exists versus the fictional account.

That's really all we need to do.  We just need to do it over and over as

long as the anti's keep their campaign going.

4) Anyone who doesn't agree with me on this - fine.  You're entitled to

your opinion.  These are just my observations on how I have seen public

opinion shaped, not a warning about an impending crisis (I use much larger

font for those).

Vincent King,

sharing the road with rad shipments in Idaho