Re: The Goiana accident is not as Tim describes. Many were to blame.

Dear John,

Thank you very much for your topics on the Goiania Accident.

and for Tim and  to all the colleagues, just to think about:

The radiological accident in Goiania ended 15 years ago, but many technical,

political, economic, social and psychological lessons still remain to be

analyzed and learned, lest any other similar accident take place. (.and many

have happened). Goiania was the worst Radiological Accident in the world,

the unique accident in the center of a important city...

Ted de Castro helps me so much making easier offering a site to present the

two ppt documents of about 5 MB on this accident, please find them at:

ftp://ehssun.lbl.gov/tdcpub/ppt/

The above is also to the second list of colleagues that ask me the files

last week.

Now a point about the John's comment:

"It is not clear that they had a  physicist with  them."

Yes, a a medical physicist was working in the clinic for  about 5 years.

Now I would like to put 3 questions to discuss among the colleagues, if they

wish to:

1) What should be the physicist's responsibility regarding the fact that the

source was left in an  inadequate place?

2) In the hypothesis that he has commented the fact to the licensee, should

he be excluded of regulatory responsibility?

3) And the court investigation?

Jose Julio Rozental

joseroze@netvision.net.il

Israel