Re: FLYOVER SHOWS INDIAN POINT'S A SITTING DUCK

Jim, I appreciate yours also. I will be in touch with "my" congress people re:

Yucca Mt.

Your 10% comment would, I believe, be correct if it could be realized. Right

now, the one I wonder about is how to account for the apparent absence of public

comment from the Health Physics Soc. There are so many predictable anniversary

events (e.g., Chernobyl, Three Mile Island, medical breakthroughs, etc.) for

which "canned" press releases could be on file and released en masse with the

flick of a few keys. Or a serial tutorial like that for computer users in the

London Telegraph called Boot Camp; or even a nuclear 'Dear Abby' specifically

aimed to reassure the worry warts among us; and so on. Maybe there is some

ongoing organized, planned public education program, but I've seen no evidence

of it yet.

Is there no way to get something tangible started to help the public withstand

the influence of hokey apocalypses ....? Damn it, if Indian Point is NOT a

sitting duck, then let's hear it quack and read about its great flights over the

years. A huge number of people benefit from the output of that plant! These

places actually are not ducks! They are eagles soaring in the greatest

traditions of science, engineering, and capital endeavors.

Cheers,

Maury Siskel       maury@webtexas.com