re: "You ain't seen nothin yet."]

A more knowledgeable Radsafer reminded me that the artist was Bachman

Turner Overdrive.  My apologies to Radsafers and BTO.

(My apologies to David Bowie.  If you see this, please keep in mind that

imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.)

I've seen a lot of comments regarding public concerns about security at

nuclear facilities, both commercial and DOE.  However, I have not yet

seen anything about the coming, summer blockbuster movie, "The Sum of

All Fears."

Tom Clancy fans who've read the book will remember the scenario:  An

Israeli plane carrying a nuclear weapon is shot down over Arab

territory. Terrorists recover the damaged but unexploded weapon, remake

it as a suitcase weapon, and bring it to the U.S.  I won't spoil the

suspense for those of you who haven't yet read the book, but I predict

that the movie will  be to this decade what "The China Syndrome" was to

the 1970's.  It may be worse, since Tom Clancy is a conservative,

pro-military type.

We should all be thinking of how to respond.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

David Bowie rules.

Bill Lipton

liptonw@dteenergy.com

radsafe" (no quote marks) in the body of the e-mail, with no subject

line.