From: Jerry Cohen [mailto:jjcohen@PRODIGY.NET]

Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 3:53 PM

To: William V Lipton; Ruth Sponsler

Cc: Radsafe Mail list

Subject: Re: Threshold

Bill,

    Don't be discouraged. All will not be lost. When the great day comes

that we achieve 3R (rational radiation regulation), and LNT, ALARA,

and similar policies become extinct, there may still be a need for HP's

in operations like radiography and radiation therapy .

    In a previous message, I suggested that, "you can't get research

funding to solve a non-problem". I was wrong. The zillions of dollars

that have been squandered on radwaste research prove I was wrong.

The statement should be ammended to "you can only get research

funding to solve what is perceived to be a problem".  Jerry