RE: SNF Shipments

There have been over 3000 shipments of SNF thus far,

some involving severe accidents.  At no time has any

radioactive material been released as a result of the

accident.

The only thing that the anti's have ever found

contrary was some situation where liquid was

transported (I find that hard to believe, but let's

run with it) and there was a minor spill when it was

opened up on-site.  That spill, of course, was

contained to the *immediate* vicinity.

In other words, they don't have a dog in that race.

It has been brought up many times, Chris.  They just

refuse to listen.  For example, they claim that we

only have limited experience (~3000 shipments) and

thus we cannot gauge future sucesses on a *limited*

history.  That does two things.  First, it neglects

the *perfect* safety record of millions of miles of

European transport.  Second, it flies in the face of

their argument against nuclear power plants (which do

have quite a bit of operating history with a fantastic

safety record and perfect radiological protection

record).

So, how can they claim that we don't have enough

history to prove it's safety when they do not look at

the history of nuclear power to gauge it's safety?

Tim

--- "Marthaller, Chris" <Chris.Marthaller@wipp.ws>

http://games.yahoo.com/