Re: Nukes close, infant deaths go down - Tooth Fairy Project - NY Times

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: Conklin, Al <Al.Conklin@DOH.WA.GOV>

An: 'Bjorn Cedervall' <bcradsafers@HOTMAIL.COM>; radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

<radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu>

Datum: Mittwoch, 01. Mai 2002 22:22

Betreff: RE: Nukes close, infant deaths go down - Tooth Fairy Project - NY

Times

>One of Sternglass' "studies" involved infant mortality in Washington State

>following exposure to the plume from Chernobyl.

I am used to all kind of nonsense about the Chernobyl accident - which was

more than regrettable and unnecessary. I regret all the harm done in the

vicinity of the power plant - which by the way according to some

"hardliners" among RADSAFErs did not occur, though it has been found by

international organisations and respectable scientists. I know about the

hundreds, thousands, tens and hundreds of thousands of victims claimed by

the boulevard press and some anti-nuclear groups. BUT I have until now now

heard, that the plume of Chernobyl - if there was anything observed I do not

know - caused any infants to die in Washington State. The Tooth Fairy

Project is an incredible nonsense - I have commented on that on RADSAFE

several times before - but to claim that the Chernobyl plume caused children

dying in Washington State is something I can only describe as paranoia. And

when I write "paranoia" I mean it - in the clinical sense.

BTW, the 16th anniversary of the Chernobyl accident went almost unnoticed in

Austria and most probably in the other European countries.

But we should calm down, (ta det bara lugnt), because whenever we think that

the nonsense distributed has reached a culmination point, which cannot be

exceeded, we read about another further culmination.

Franz