Re: Decommission

Hoan,

One of the trickier parts (not knowing what kind of machine you are decommissioning) will probably be decontaminating and subsequently surveying the internal parts of the machine, we have had concerns about, oil reservoirs and other hard to reach places.

The NRC has free release criteria for equipment in NRC Reg Guide 1.86. More recently we have been following the surface activity guidelines in 10 CFR 835 (the table is in Appendix D).

Hope this helps,

Bud Yard

>>> Hoan Nguyen <hoan.nguyen@mp.specialdevices.com> 05/02/02 01:07PM >>>

Our company is located in California.  We need to decommission one of our

machines contaminated with Kr-85.  How do we go doing about that?  Is there

a guideline for us to follow?

Thanks,

Hoan Nguyen