Re: free speech -Medical parallels to radiation dose

Dear Ruth,
Your points are well taken.
I also agree heartily about irradiating foods and sterilization.

I do give DPT polio and MMR vaccines to most people. I have seen 2 deaths from diphtheria, 5 from polio and 2 from tetanus (all in 1950, 1951).

Public health engineering has saved more lives than private physicians, with sewer and water systems preventing typhoid, mosquito abatement and malaria, etc.

However, the compusory rotovirus vaccine killed many infants before withdrawn and hepatitis B use is subject to the same arguments as condom instruction, which I prefer to individualize.

Your reduction of radiation risk in transport, I would rate right up there with other utility safety - a good feeling most HPs deserve.

Howard Long