Re: Dirty Bomb

Phil -

Having met with these folks, I feel pretty comfortable with their capabilities for chem and bio events, less so for rad ... but they do have some cool toys. But they'll be the first to tell you that they're not there to take charge ... their just another asset to be used by the Incident Commander, whoever he or she may be.

Again, my $0.02 worth ...

Jim Hardeman

Jim_Hardeman@mail.dnr.state.ga.us

>>> "Phil Hypes" <laradcon@HOTMAIL.COM> 5/15/2002 13:19:38 >>>

In the US, If terrorist involvement is suspected, there's good chance that a

National Guard Weapons of Mass Destruction Civil Support Team would get

involved, especially if radiological, biologocal, or chemical agents are

suspected.  They have radiation detectors, and I can speak for several teams

that are pretty well trained in radiological issues.

Phil Hypes

Los Alamos Radiation Consultants

laradcon@hotmail.com

505.920.9712