RE: Radon Field Day

I think the point that some are trying to make on the "no smoking thread" is that second hand smoke has been proven to be dangerous.  It is just as if with anything else, I believe, if you want to do it to yourself, OK, but if what you are doing to yourself PHYSICALLY harms another, then not OK (I know there is a slew of laws that contradict this, but that is for another day).  If restaurants want to put in separate rooms for smoking and non-smoking no problem.  It is when an imaginary line separates the smokers from the non-smokers, and the ventilation is dragging/blowing the smoke to the non-smokers.....

I do not think that ordinances should be enacted to address this situation.   If one must enact ordinances that prohibit smoking, I think the ordinance should regulate the positioning of smokers vs. non smokers.  I have been in several restaurants that do a nice job of this, and I believe both sides of the issue were happy.  I sat in both sides, and I was.

Michael D. Kent