Another question in education

Rad Safety Group,

More questions from you know who:

At San Jose State University (northern California near San Francisco) we are

looking at bringing the Master of Science Degree program in Radiological

Health Physics to an active status. We are looking for the program to be

offered in the fall semester of 2003. We are working with the local chapter

of the HPS to look at the program and provide recommendations.

I need to obtain some figures on the potential for student enrollment in the

program. Our program will most likely be offered as a special session. That

means the tuition will be higher. Our mandate is for the program to support

itself.  Many cost areas will be eliminated due to our facility. It was

designed as a training aide for the program in the past. We will need 18 to

24 students to start the program for several years. If you are considering a

master’s degree, would this be a major consideration and when would you be

looking at attending?

At this time it appears that the student would take 2 years to complete the

program if they were full time and 3 years if they are part time.

Our next big task will be to obtain the appropriate faculty to teach the

courses and exploring obtaining the appropriate equipment for them to learn

with.

John Pickering

Home: pickent@attbi.com or (925) 455-6412

Work: johnjp@email.sjsu.edu or (408) 924-4818