Re: Powernet: ILLINOIS RADIOGRAPHER RECEIVED 15 SIEVERT (1,500REM) TO HIS LO...

These all have features WAY beyond the simple chirper and cost 3 to 5

times as much.  I maintain that for equal dollars spent - you can get

more safety from 3 to 5 times as many simple chirpers.  Knowing

PRECISELY how much isn't really that important - sort of gives a "speed

limit" character to rad protection.  Chirping or not, faster or slower

is all that you REALLY need to manage your exposure.  How much -

especially from a device not accepted as Dose of Record just adds to the

confusion when people inevitably try to compare the EPD readings with

the Dose of Record dosimeter.