Programme on Marshall Island

Hi,

I just watched on TV a short (two minutes) contribution on the aftermath of

the US nuclear tests on the Marshall Islands. Following was stated among

other statements:

Rongelap was not evacuated when the biggest test was performed there 1954.

The Bikini Atoll is not inhabitable, the vegetation has changed, flowers

have more pronounced colours than before or are retarded.

An anthropologist Nancy Pollack stated that the incidence of thyroid cancer

is extremely high (I think to remember from my extensive involvement in the

consequences of Chernobyl, that the half life of I-131 is about 8.3

days....., but I might be wrong, some antis might have found out that this

is one of the cover ups of the pros.....). 30 more cancers showed elevated

incidence, especially concerning ovary cancer and overall there were

problems with human propagation (no details provided). In the second and

third generations an enhanced incidence of deformities is observed. Some

scientists claim, that the atolls are not inhabitable for the next 24 000

years.

Much to my surprise the Austrian TV comment was after that last statement

that this seems unlikely - to the background of a beautiful pacific

landscape with palms and the beautiful shores.

Any comments? Who is Nancy Pollack?

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer

Habicherg. 31/7

A-1160 Vienna, AUSTRIA

Phone: -43 699 11681319

e-mail: franz.schoenhofer@chello.at

Office:

MR Dr. Franz Schoenhofer

Federal Ministry for Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Management

Dep. I/8U, Radiation Protection

Radetzkystr. 2

A-1031 Vienna, AUSTRIA

phone: +43-1-71100-4458