Re: Scintillation detector efficiency

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: Pawel Lukasz Urban <urbanp@biol.uw.edu.pl>

An: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu <radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu>

Datum: Freitag, 05. Juli 2002 15:07

Betreff: Scintillation detector efficiency

>I have a question. What means the abbreviation "FOM"? As far as I know: FOM

>= E^2 / B.

FOM means "Figure of Merit"

>Can anyone tell me more about setting up the appropriate voltage in the

beta

>scintillation analyzer?

I do not know, which LSCounter you use, but at least the ones manufactured

during the last 20 years need no setting of the high voltage. Anything

concerning electronics should be done by the service man of the

manufacturing company according to their specifications.

Franz