Re: Water Irradiation?

on 7/6/02 3:45 AM, Franz Schoenhofer at franz.schoenhofer@CHELLO.AT wrote:

> Treatment of water by gamma-radiation has been proposed in the case of a

> water supply south of Vienna, where the water was contaminated by

> chlorinated hydrocarbons. The meaning was, that the chlorinated hydrocarbons

> should have been transferred by gamma-rays to HCl  and CO2, thus eliminating

> them from the drinking water. This application was not permitted, because

> according to Austrian law the treatment of food (and drinking water is by

> definition "food") with ionizing radiation has to be authorized. And it was

> not.

This is simple "government by ignorance (ignorants)." The problem's not with

radiation or the public.

> I can very well estimate the upcry of our mass media, if radiation treatment

> of drinking water would be permitted. So it is politically not possible,

> even if it would be feasable and beneficial.

The problem's not "the mass media." They have just been lied to by the

ignorant people responsible for radiation protection (starting with ICRP)

that have (intentionally and maliciously) produced the fraud that the mass

media believe about "risks" from low doses of radiation.

[Down to levels far below the variation in natural background - we have sued

EPA for setting (natural!) Ra in water at 4 mrem (0.04 mSv)/year, in a world

in which doses from natural sources are a minimum of about 60 mrem (0.6

mSv)/year, to more than 10,000 mrem (100 mSv)/year - while at doses below

about 100 mrem (1 mSv) organisms show serious adverse effects due to

radiation deficiencies. Radiation is essential for biology to function.]

> If water suppliers deliver unhealthy and dangerous drinking water, they will

> be held responsible for. If somebody does not want to receive chlorinated

> water, he or she should be cordially invited to terminate the contract with

> the drinking water supplier and use bottled water instead. I am sure that

> the cost difference will make most of them to accept the chlorinated water.

Interesting perspective. You can shove chlorinated water down people's

throats, but radiation protection ignorance (ignorants) precludes more

economical and healthier irradiation from being considered.

> Franz

Regards, Jim Muckerheide