RE: Water Irradiation?

Title: RE: Water Irradiation?
Here's an interesting idea from a colleague.....

Jaro

Sent: Wednesday July 10, 2002 8:44 AM
To: Franta, Jaroslav;
Subject: RE: Water Irradiation?

I've pondered before on this question - could we use spent fuel as a gamma source for irradiating water?  Piping networks that pass in between spent bundles in the used fuel pool.  The water would be at normal pumping pressure (say 200 kPa) so any leaks would be out of the tubes and into the fuel bay.