From: Otto G. Raabe [mailto:ograabe@UCDAVIS.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 10:40 AM
To: John M Priest Jr; RuthWeiner@AOL.COM
Cc: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu
Subject: Re: Senate votes by state

At 01:09 PM 7/11/02 -0400, John M Priest Jr wrote:

This is the response from my senator Michigan [Senator Debbie Stabenow]

<<<<

"I am deeply troubled that no government agency has conducted full-scale physical tests of the casks that will be used to transport nuclear waste to Yucca Mountain...."

*******************************

July 11, 2002

Davis, CA

I have seen movies and data of the Sandia National Laboratory tests of these types of casts going back many years. In one test a train engine collides with a cask at full speed without seriously damaging it. What's wrong here?

Otto

Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP

Center for Health & the Environment

(Street Address: Bldg. 3792, Old Davis Road)

University of California, Davis, CA 95616

E-Mail: ograabe@ucdavis.edu

Phone: (530) 752-7754 FAX: (530) 758-6140

*********************************************** ************************************************************************ You are currently subscribed to the Radsafe mailing list. To unsubscribe, send an e-mail to Majordomo@list.vanderbilt.edu Put the text "unsubscribe radsafe" (no quote marks) in the body of the e-mail, with no subject line. You can view the Radsafe archives at http://www.vanderbilt.edu/radsafe/