RE: mailing radioactive material

I would never send anything involving radioactive material except

quantities.  There is no tracking system like FEDEX and other private

carriers have.

Several years ago, a hospital removed a plutonium powered RTG from a

patient.  Not knowing what to do, the contacted a company that makes regular

pacemakers in California, I believe.  The company said they would take it,

probably not knowing what it was.  The RTG was lost in the mail.  It turned

up a few months later in Wisconsin.  Caveat emptor

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

3050 Traymore Lane