Re: Article: In New Jersey, Nuclear Fears Have to Stand inLine

Norm,

maybe its because so few people are opposed to the nuke plant...I know that's a radical thought for you guys to comprehend...

                     P.Milligan, RPh, CHP

                     USNRC

                     301-415-2223

>>> Norman Cohen <ncohen12@comcast.net> 07/17/02 02:51PM >>>

Hi John,

Well we do have Bruce Springsteen in NJ, so we can't be all bad, and one of his

songs, "Born to Run" would be perfect to play on the radio during an

evacuatioon. ;-)

To comment on the article - I was slightly misquoted. I actually thought that

the turnout for KI in Salem, where about 800 out of the 10,000 folks in the EPZ

came out, was a good turnout. I was expecting maybe 100. My comments were on why

so few people living near the plant are afraid to openly talk about their

opposition to the nuke. And Unplug has been talking about closing the nukes for

years, not just since 9/11. Ah well, NY Times reporters, what do they know? ;-)

The Oyster KI turnout was about what one would expect, especially in the summer.

Peace

Norm