Re: 1945 -- uranuim to Japan.

Radsafers,

Well, I suppose there is a humor in the fact that, I,

of Japanese birth, would be on the side of Franz, an

Austrian, to add another observation to debunk this

story. Anyway, here's my input...

I deleted the original email with the story so I can't

Hideki Yukawa "discovered pi-meson" after WW-II.

That's wrong. In 1935, Yukawa postulated the existance

of a particle (~200x the mass of electron, if I

remember that correctly...) to explain the force

holding nucleus together. He won Nobel Prize in 1949.

This should be well known to anyone who studies

physics. So any story that get this and other fact

wrong need to be scrutinized closely.

Just my humble opinion...

Tosh Ushino

--- Franz Schoenhofer <franz.schoenhofer@CHELLO.AT>