Re: Yesterday's CSI episode (TV) (Request to drop this thread)

In a message dated 7/22/02 8:52:11 AM Mountain Daylight Time, sandyfl@EARTHLINK.NET writes:

As stated by some, this is nothing but a TV show. If anyone has a
problem with the show, there are remedies ... write the sponsors and
the network.

Yes, but...  TV is where people get information (perhaps unfortunately), and a great many more people are reached by this kind of stuff than by informative web-sites or Federally sponsored workshops.  Moreover, many people think this stuff is all real.  So for Sandy and others: how do you suggest public perception can be changed when we continue to have TV shows like this?  This is a real, not a rhetorical,  question.

As for writing to an advertiser -- a boycott of a product is only effective if lots and lots of people do it.  I boycott the local Wild Oats grocery -- and I had several discussions with their staff about it -- and of course it has made no difference whatever.

Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.
ruthweiner@aol.com