RE: Potassium cell study

Jim,

You have not supplied me with the information I request, so I am resending

this.

-- John

. . .

Jim,

Finally, you have provided some additional information that I, and I am sure

others, have not heard before.  Hopefully, this trail lends a credibility

answer to the my original question, i.e., was this study done, and the next

one, what were the results.  I would question if the effect was due to the

lack of the radioactive isotope, or some confounding factor.  One of the

inherent problems in biological research is that experiments are seldom

repeated because of the need to do "further research," particularly if they

fail to prove the hypothesis of the researcher.  (When I was in graduate

school, a co-student was trying to separate living cells from fragments.

The company swore that the filtering material would not affect the cells.

Of course, he later tested and determined that the filter was killing the

cells he was trying to harvest.)

A point I would like you to consider about my questioning.  I find it hard

to believe that research performed in the 1960's, as you allude to below,

would be suppressed because of the LNT.  If anything, I would think that the

AEC would, as it did, promote the uses of radiation.  I would suspect there

were concerns about the experimental protocol.  I do not remember LNT being

a big issue until Three Mile Island.   Do you?

I have provided comments to your comments of my comments.  (Your turn)

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

3050 Traymore Lane