Re: Lucas cell/Ra bubblermanufacturers

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: Lawrence G. Wolfe <wolfe@ehl.ul.com>

An: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu <radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu>

Datum: Dienstag, 23. Juli 2002 18:45

Betreff: Lucas cell/Ra bubblermanufacturers

>Hello all,

>Does someone know if there are there any manufacturers of Lucas cells or Ra

de-emanation bubblers still in business in the US?

-------------

Regarding Ra deemenation bubblers there is a good description of the

apparatus in a publication of the IAEA?, WHO? or another international

organisation, having been published in any case before 1970. I even believe

that this was based on an US-description of probably EML. I am sorry, that I

do not have this publication any more and so I can only give you this

description far from being precise. I am sure that other RADSAFErs might

have the original drawing and the original paper.

The main reason, why I do not have this publication with me, is simply that

liquid scintillation spectrometry has proved to be "the" method for

determination of radium and radon on water and radium in all other matrices.

In case you are interested in these methods, please contact me, explaining

what your analytical problem is.

Best regards,

Franz