RE: Portable gamma spectroscopy

We have a portable gamma spec group here at Fernald and from what I can see, they are very good at what they do. The person you should contact is Rich Abitz. Just call site com. center at (513)648-4444 and ask to be connected with Mr. Abitz. He is very knowledgeable in this field and could probably be very helpful.

Floyd W.Flanigan B.S.Nuc.H.P.

-----Original Message-----

From: Edwards, Richard W [mailto:richard.w.edwards@BOEING.COM]

Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 3:41 PM

To: 'RADSAFE'

Subject: Portable gamma spectroscopy

I'm researching portable gamma spectroscopy systems to be used in field

screenings conducted as a follow-up to a security alarm. I'm aware of the

list at http://www.crcpd.org/PDF/SPECTROS.pdf. Does anyone have any

experience with these or similar devices that they would be willing to share

with me?

Thanks

Rick Edwards, Analyst

The Boeing Company