Re: Radiological Stress Victims

In a message dated 08/06/2002 3:53:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time, jjcohen@PRODIGY.NET writes:

   In any case, radiological stress is apparently quite real, and affects many people who have never been anywhere near Hiroshima. Shouldn't all these "victims" be compensated for their lives having been degraded?

I believe radiological stress is real, in the same way arithmophobia (fear of math), agoraphobia and hydrophobia are real, and should be treated as psychological disorders.  No one is calling for the elimination of math, shopping malls or swimming pools however, and arithmophobics aren't suing school districts, nor agoraphobics suing shopping mall developers, nor hydrophobics being compensated by pool builders.  I'm sure the fear and stress of radiophobia is real, but it is a dysfunction of the individuals' mind, and not a fault of collective community of persons using radioactive material, including the power generators.  Maybe they should be suing their parents.

Barbara