Re: What to do ? ? ?

> If I recall correctly 0.5 REM/year

Considering that the regulatory limit for a "declared pregnant

female" is 0.5 rem/gestation period, I wouldn't consider this dose or

any other dose within regulatory limits, to be determined to be

anything other than insignificant.

Prior to January 1994, when the revised Part 20 was implemented, an

occupational exposed worker could, with a completed NRC Form 4, be

exposed to up to 12 rem/qtr. Various studies of nuclear power workers

have always resulted in demonstrating that these workers in fact, had

less injuries, illness and deaths, than other population groups/

While I understand your concerns, the reality is, I'd be more

concerned about getting up each morning, stepping into a shower,

eating the processed foods we eat, driving to work,and minimizing

daily stress, compared to all of the radiation exposure that once

could conceivable be exposed to in these various hypothetical

scenarios that we constantly see in the media.

Sandy Perle

Director, Technical

ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service

ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100  Extension 2306

Fax:(714) 668-3149

E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/