Re: Some thoughts on epidemiology

At 02:05 PM 08/20/2002 -0400, RuthWeiner@aol.com wrote:
The ultrasound vibrations are generated by an electric motor, which has an associated magnetic field -- I don't know the field strength, though.

Ahhh. I had always thought the probes -- at least for ultrasounds of a woman's reproductive organs (a process I unfortunately had to witness many tmes) -- were done with a piezoelectric transducer, similar to the ones used for sonar on small boats. I'll admit to never disassembling the doctor's machine, but that was my impression, anyway.

Cheers,

Richard