AW: Claim about MacArthur and nuclear bombs (was RE: AW: Victims)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

[mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu]Im Auftrag von Strickert, Rick

Gesendet: Montag, 26. August 2002 04:48

An: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Betreff: Claim about MacArthur and nuclear bombs (was RE: AW: Victims)

Franz Schoenhofer wrote:

	"You seem to forget that nuclear bombs were not even used in the Korean

war - and to my knowledge one of the then war-heroes was dismissed by the

then ruling president within 10 minutes, when he proposed to use nuclear

bombs."

Schoenhofer's suggestion that President Truman dismissed General MacArthur

on April 11, 1951, within 10 minutes after MacArthur proposed the use of

nuclear bombs is not in agreement with historical accounts.

1.  The reason Truman fired MacArthur was insubordination; ............

Thank you for the clarification - I could only quote hearsay. The fact of

insubordination was well known to me.

Best regards,

Franz