Re: AW: AW: Victims

Franz,

How did you derive any of your statements from my post?  And, though I

am not sure what you mean by "hardliner", I hope you don't think I am

eagerly looking for a chance to go to war, or (God forbid!) drop bombs

of any sort for any reason short of defense against a malicious attack.

As for plowing for the US Government, how could it be otherwise?  Don't

you "plow" for your own government in the same way?  But neither of us

plows in slavery to any foreign government, which was the point of the

truism cited by Jim.

I mostly wanted to say that nuclear weapons will not go away.  I say it

because people like Saddam (thank you for pointing our my typo) would be

glad to use them to, e.g.., dominate the middle east.  Since such people

exist, I think we would be foolish to make ourselves defenseless against

them.  You imply that no nation will ever use weapons of mass

destruction to dominate other nations.  I must disagree: there will

always be war, and people hungry for power and domination.

Wouldn't you want to defend your family against thieves and murderers?

I have talked with an Indian (eastern) who thought that even if your

children were murdered right in front of you, you should not fight

back.  Is that your position?

As for the atrocities committed against the American Indians to which

you refer, I must point out that the people committing those acts were a

lot closer to their European parents and grandparents than to any modern

day American.  It is not possible to judge people by their parent's

morality, let alone the morality of their distant ancestors.  Perhaps

you have Viking ancestry?  Or perhaps you descend from one of the very

warlike Germanic tribes?  I will not prejudge you based on the acts of

your nth removed grandparent.  I hope you will grant me the same

courtesy.

I don't understand why you are so willing to imagine Americans as

heartless warmongers.  We are just people, the same as your people.  I

have french and german ancestors.  Who knows, perhaps we are related?

Best Wishes,

	Gary Isenhower

	713-798-8353

	garyi@bcm.tmc.edu