Tolerance in ALL Things

Since I get the digest version, I know things are probably spiraling out of

control.  But here is my $0.02 worth.

The United States was founded by men (and women) from different lands and

temperaments.  These people recognized the need for and practiced

tolerance.  That same frame of mind needs to be applied to the RadSafe

community.

So what if Ruth Weiner is a bit abrasive.  If people are so sensitive they

cannot get past a little abrasiveness they need thicker skin or they can

unsubscribe.  Also, some people use RadSafe as a tool - they subscribe just

long enough to get their question answered.

As the NASA Project RSO, Kurt R. Gerber probably knew the toxic nature of

UF6 outweighed any radiological hazard.  I suspect Ruth Weiner said "Who

cares" from the radiological (RadSafe) standpoint of that issue.  A little

more perspective information is not Ruth's way.

Also, let's be a little more tolerant when someone gets compass directions

mixed up, drops "former" from "Soviet Union," misspells a word, etc.  I

find these things much less annoying than people who cannot follow the

simple instructions to unsubscribe from RadSafe (like Mr. Gerber).  If

these people read that poorly, I wonder what safety decisions they are

making based on information read incorrectly.

RadSafers, let's keep our focus on getting and keeping the radiological

information correct.

Mark Flatland

These are not the opinions of my employer/management.