Radon and lung cancer

Radsafers,

For those who might be interested in non-LNT responses, there is an study "Residential radon in US counties V lung cancer in women who predominantly never smoked" by Bogen in Environmental Geochemistry and Health (Vol 24:229-247, 2002) that reports a U-shaped relationship between lung cancer and radon concentrations.  I've only read the abstact, not the article, so I can not comment further.  I'll leave that to the epidemiologists among the group.

Kjell Johansen

Point Beach Nuclear Plant

kjell.johansen@nmcco.com