Re: Media misinformation (was Thanks, Ruth (was RE: UF6))

George Bernard Shaw may have best summarized the key problem with newspapers

[and now electronic media even more] when he stated 100 years ago that:

"A newspaper is an instituion that can't tell the difference between a bicycle

accident and the collapse of a civilization."

Another germane quote/question for which I don't know the attribution is:

Q: "Do you know why they call television a communciations medium?"

A: "Because it is neither well, nor well-done"

Stewart Farber, MS Public Health

email: farbersa@optonline.net