RE: cartoon - weird ideas about radiation

Great  cartoon. I'ii post it to my friends.

I think  it reflects exactly how the "public" percieve radiation risks.

Just look hoe physicist on the list don't understand epidemiology and how

epidemiologists don't understand physics. now think of a person who don't

understand either , or worst , a person who don't under stand almost

anything (=a journalist)adn you got a nice cartoon.

So what shell we do? The same as we are doing now - try to educate the

public without great expectations. Remember that 500 years ago Earth was

considered the center of Universe and it was impossible to teach that Earth

circles around the sun (indeed it was more dangerous than saying today that

low level radiation in beneficial). So have patience... and a bit of good

sense of humour...

Dov  (Dubi)Brickner   MD

Beer Sheva    ISRAEL