Re: "Tritium on Ice"

In a message dated 10/1/2002 5:27:20 PM Mountain Daylight Time,

jjcohen@prodigy.net writes:

<< Apparently, there is a tendency by people to equate delectability with

hazard. When we couldn't detect it, we weren't worried about it. Once it was

known to be there, it became a problem.  I wonder whether the fact that

radioactivity is so readily detectable even in minute quantities might, to

some extent,  account for the inordinate fears related to it.      Jerry

Well, that would certainly explain a lot.  EPA confuses detectability with

hazard in may instances.

Ruth

RuthF. Weiner, Ph. D.

ruthweiner@aol.com