RE: Demise of UNSCEAR?

Jerry,

I assume you meant "radiation is not harmful at LOW dose levels."  Our

knowledge is at high dose levels, e.g., therapy, Hiroshima and Nagasaki,

etc.  The question is at what levels do you not worry about harmful effects?

At 50 Rem? 5 rem? 0.5 rem?  0.1 rem?  Since our knowledge is limited at low

dose levels, at what point do you think we should be worried?

Personally, I do not have any reservations about ALARA.  As someone pointed

out, it is part of a process of self-improvement.  It make you think about

doing things differently, and maybe better..

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

3050 Traymore Lane