EPA Proposed Rule Comment Period still open ...

I am posting this for Dr. Phil Williams - contact information below.

If you reply to me - as some inevitably will - I cannot add anything or

comment further.

Please contact Dr. Williams.

Dear Colleague:

The public comment period for the LBNL Delisting Petition and DET

Proposed Rule has been extended to accommodate a public hearing

requested by the

Committee to Minimize Toxic Waste, a citizens group in Berkeley.  We

expect the comment period to be open into November.

A short letter of support for the EPA proposed rule (such as that shown

below) would be much appreciated.

Further information is available at:

http://home.pacbell.net/pgwillia/delisting/index.html

Chemical and Engineering News recently ran a short article:

http://pubs.acs.org/email/cen/html/100402013939.html

(A service of the American Chemical Society).

Thank you for your help.

Phil Williams.

Rich Vaille, Associate Director

Waste Management Division

U.S. Environmental Protection Agency

75 Hawthorne Street

San Francisco, CA 94105

Re:       Proposed Rule on Delisting and Determination of Equivalent

Treatment

    Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL)

Dear Mr. Vaille:

I've read the proposed rule making on delisting treated mixed waste at

LBNL and making a determination of equivalent treatment for organic

materials treated

by the catalytic chemical oxidation process [67 Federal Register 147.

pp.49649-49656].  I applaud your proposed rule making and urge that it

be finalized

and implemented as soon as the rule making process allows.  Your rules

make eminent technical sense and demonstrate excellent stewardship of

waste

management and tax dollars.

        Sincerely,

      Ima Supporter

--

*  Pat, Phil, Daniel and Evan Williams  *  510/444-1640: Voice         *

*  3708 Lake Shore Avenue               *  510/763-1129: Fax           *

*  Oakland, CA 94610-1727               *  prwillia@pacbell.net (Pat)  *

*  U.S.A.                               *  pgwillia@pacbell.net (Phil) *