Re: AJC Article: Nuclear plants can withstand attacks

In a message dated 09/23/2002 10:06:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tedrock@CPCUG.ORG writes:

He said the NRC cannot state that one cannot legitimately "predict" deaths by applying LNT to large numbers of people receiving tiny doses--that NRC is required by EPA to make such predictions.  But he said he was willing to state publicly that such predictions have no scientific basis, and he will do so.

This is from a long-ago email, and I apologize for that, but I have to comment on this statement:  "NRC cannot state that one cannot legitimately "predict" deaths by applying LNT to large numbers of people"  I wonder if you'd mind asking Commissioner Diaz if the NRC can state that one CAN legitimately "predict" real deaths by the same method.  I mean if they can't say that, then it seems to me you have to say one can't.

Barbara