Re: more st lucie workers expsoed

In a message dated 10/20/02 5:45:20 PM Mountain Daylight Time, jjcohen@prodigy.net writes:

Why? Because the idea that ANY amount of radiation is harmful is well embedded in our folklore.

Well, let's push it out of the folklore bed!!  I can remember, old curmudgeonette that I am, when "folklore" had it that pregnant women couldn't be K-12 teachers when their pregnancies "showed", that mothers of young children shouldn't work outside the home lest their children's lives be ruined, that smoking cigarettes was good for you, that tuberculosis was caused by having an artistic temperament, and so on.

Isn't this what we have education for?  To get rid of myths like these?

Ruth
Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.
ruthweiner@aol.com