Shielding and decay software

Has anyone compared the Grove Engineering Rad Decay program with the Nuclides 2000(Nuclides.Net) program?  The websites for these two programs make a comparison difficult.

I'm looking to upgrade my office's decay program, and I am open to advice and critiques of these programs. I want to get something in Windows for both shielding and decay calculation that I can put on a server for all of my HP's to use.

A personal musing on being a university HP: At a previous university employment, I had an old DOS version of Grove's MicroShield, and it nailed my shielding calculations to a tee, as measured empirically after building the shield walls (much to my relief).  Probably like most university RSO's, we infrequently do shielding calculations, and it is humorous watching the HP's (me included) hitting the books to remember how to do the calculations. My personal calculations were very close, but the program was dead on, so I know it pays to have a program like MicroShield.

The web sites for the decay programs, given in previous postings, are:

http://www.nuclides.net/DecayEngine.htm

http://www.framatech.com/radsoft/radsoft.asp

Please respond privately to me with your critiques as I do not like to see products slammed on the listserve. If you know of other programs, I am open to suggestion.  Please copy to Ken Kesler, who's email is in the cc line.

Larry Grimm, Senior HP

UCLA EH&S/ Radiation Safety Division

*	lgrimm@admin.ucla.edu   Phone:310/206-0712   Fax: 310/206-9051

Cell: 310/863-5556  Pager:1-800-233-7231ext93569

*	On Campus: 501 Westwood Plaza, 4th Floor, MS 951605

*	Off Campus: UCLA Radiation Safety Div, 501 Westwood Plaza 4th

Fl, Box 951605, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1605

*	If this email is not RSD business, the opinions are mine, not

UCLA's.