RE: " we're evolved for radiation " - geophysicist on pole revers als

Jaro,

My comments are based on my disbelief that the magnetic field of the earth

has any influence of the radiation we receive from space, whether it is

ionizing or UV.  I was wonder why the comment was made "we're evolved for

radiation" in the context of the article.

By the way, I believe that Mars lacks a magnetic field.  Of course, we do

not know if life exist there, so maybe a magnetic field is necessary.

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

3050 Traymore Lane