Last offer of shielding windows

Dear radsafers,

A year ago or so I asked for a new home for our shielding windows. In the

meantime I found a new home for eleven windows. Four windows are now in use

in a geman NPP, which is in the state of decommissioning. Six windows are

now in use in different European research facilities and we shipped one

window by air cargo to overseas. All of the new owners are very satisfied.

Three windows are still remaining. I offer these windows for free (the new

owner pays the shipping costs) a last time.

Each window consists of a steel frame in which three single lead-glass

windows are mounted. For two windows is the outer surface of the steel frame

and the glass windows free of contamination, the third window shows a small

contamination on the steel frame.

Since we are not able do dismantle the single glasses from the frame we have

to assume a small contamination within the gap between the frame and the

glasses (in the kBq range). That means everybody who wants these windows

need a license to handle this small amount of activity.

Further data:

Type		Number of		Dimension

dimension of the

single

		single glasses		of the frame in mm

glasses in mm

					(width x height x thick)

(width x height x thick)

SF 536		3			890 x 700 x 940 mm		750

x 550 x 300

									710

x 450 x 300

									750

x 450 x 300

Each complete window weighs 3,2 metric tons. I can send digital pictures of

the windows, if interested.

This offer is valid until 2003-01-31. After that date we will throw the

windows into the waste.

Kind regards

Peter Hewing

Siemens Power Generation