Re: Meat Irradiation Note

"Jacobus, John (NIH/OD/ORS)" wrote:

It is a sad commentary when decisions are based on fears, and not a clear
understanding of the issues.

While I probably agree with you on the issue of food irradiation, I generally feel that the public should maintain a healthy scepticism for "experts."  The "best and the brightest" got us into Viet Nam and couldn't figure out how to get us out of there.  The medical establishment was gung ho to market thallidomide.  They were also big on hormone replacement therapy.

So, whenever someone with a lot of credentials and an important sounding title says he knows what's best for me, or that I'm too dumb to understand,  I generally keep my hands on my wallet and my back to the wall.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.
Curies forever.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com