HEPA Testing of Portable Vent Units

Hi All:

I am trying to establish a HEPA ventilation unit monitoring program to be

implemented at a non-reactor D&D project.  The only standard I have come up

with thus far is the ANSI/ASME N510 standard for reactor facilities.  Can

anyone out there tell me what type of testing/standards are applicable to

portable HEPA ventilation units for NON-reactor facilities?  I am wondering

about the best approach to take in developing a HEPA unit testing program.

For anyone who has encountered similar circumstances at their facility, I

have the following questions:

What type of testing program/procedure do you currently use?

What standards did you use to develop your HEPA testing program?

Do you perform post-maintenance tests or any type of routine (annual,

semi-annual, etc.) on HEPA units?

Have you found it more efficient/cost-effective to rent the proper testing

equipment, or purchase and calibrate your own equipment?

I would appreciate any suggestions, guidance, or relevant information on

this topic.  Please e-mail or call me at the address/tel. number listed

below.  Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Sarah Hayes

Sarah J. Hayes

Project Engineer/Health Physicist

SCIENTECH, Inc.

Radiological and Decommissioning Services

143 West Street

New Milford, CT 06776

Tel: (860) 210-3078

Fax: (860) 210-3015