From: Ted de Castro [mailto:tdc@xrayted.com]

Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 2:08 PM

To: Kai Kaletsch

Cc: Ted Rockwell; Jacobus, John (NIH/OD/ORS);

radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Subject: Re: Radiation-Proof Uniform?

Well then - according to the Co57 number - its 0.1 mm PB equivalent.  I

doubt even that!

I have a nice calibrated set of Pb filters, and my own faxitron.  With a

sample I could easily run a comparison.

The only numbers I believe are the Alpha or Beta numbers.  There is

something very wrong with the photon numbers.

As for discounting "anything new".  Its just the physics!  There is no

element that has the absorption coefficient they claim thus no way to

produce what they have claimed to - on this planet.  It is also just

physics that combinations of elements do not have enhanced shielding

effects beyond what is predictable from the coefficients of each

element.