Job Openings

The Washington State Department of health has some future job openings for

Health Physicists. Most would be located in Richland and Tumwater (near

Olympia). The announcements follow: If anyone wants some more information or

hints on how to fill out an application, feel free to e-mail me. It may take

me a couple of days to get back to you because I'm on the road a lot, but I

will either e-mail you back, or call. If anyone is interested, don't dilly

dally. By January we may get hit by a hiring freeze due to state budget

problems. Fortunately, all our funding is from grants, fees and contracts,

no state general fund money.

The Division of Radiation Protection plans to fill several Radiation Health

Physicist positions this December, in the

Tumwater and Richland offices.  Anyone interested should apply immediately.

To be considered for employment, individuals must be on the state employment

register for the RADIATION HEALTH PHYSICIST 2

<http://hr.dop.wa.gov/statejobs/bulletins/current/21107oc.htm

<http://hr.dop.wa.gov/statejobs/bulletins/current/21107oc.htm> > ($3637-4653

per month)  or  RADIATION HEALTH PHYSICIST 3

<http://hr.dop.wa.gov/statejobs/bulletins/current/21108oc.htm

<http://hr.dop.wa.gov/statejobs/bulletins/current/21108oc.htm> > ($3916-5015

per month).  To be placed on a register, you must send a completed

Washington State job application to the Washington State Department of

Personnel.  You may download the basic APPLICATION FORM from the Department

of Personnel  <http://hr.dop.wa.gov/ <http://hr.dop.wa.gov/> > To find out

more about the  registers for the Radiation Health Physicist series, check

the Open Job Listings <http://hr.dop.wa.gov/statejobs/jobs.htm

<http://hr.dop.wa.gov/statejobs/jobs.htm> > under the career heading of

"Architecture, Engineering, Planning, & Right of Way."  Follow the

instructions found there to submit the application and your response to the

test questions.  The Department of Personnel will mail your score to you,

but cannot tell you your ranking on the list of job applicants.  Since

openings may occur and be filled at any time, it is essential for you to be

on the register in order to be considered for future employment.  For

further information, please feel free to contact  Gary Robertson at

<mailto:gary.robertson@doh.wa.gov <mailto:gary.robertson@doh.wa.gov> > or at

(360) 236-3210.

Allen W. Conklin

Supervising Health Physicist

Air Emissions & Defense Waste Section

Division of Radiation Protection

Department of Health

Building 5, 7171 Cleanwater Lane

New Market Center

Olympia WA  98504-7827

office (360) 236-3261

cell    (360) 239-1237

page  (360) 786-2975

The Department of Health works to protect and improve the health of the

people of the state of Washington