OT -- Leonid Meteor Storm Pre-Dawn Tuesday AM]

http://jackstargazer.com/scripts0SG0245.html

Subject: Leonid Meteor Storm Pre-Dawn Tuesday AM

Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 00:24:18 -0600

From: maury <maury@webtexas.com>

"Get Ready For What May be The Last Great

                   Leonid Meteor Storm For 100 Years!"

Horkheimer: Greetings greetings, fellow star gazers. Two weeks from now

on Tuesday morning November 19th, from midnight to

dawn North America may experience the last Leonid Meteor shower

storm for 100 years to come. But there is a major string

attached. You see the Moon will be full and in the sky all

night long and thus will wipe out thousands of faint meteors

from view. And as all of you regular "Star Gazer" viewers know

whenever there is a full Moon on the night of a meteor shower

I always tell you not to even bother. But this case is

different because meteor shower prognosticators have discovered

something that leads them to believe that there will be many

more bright meteors than usual, bright enough to see even with

full Moon light. Let me explain:

--------------------  snipped  --------------

And this year we should tell you to forget about it because of

the full Moon but because astronomers have now discovered that

we are going to plow right into a dense trail of debris that

was shed when Tempel-Tuttle visited us in 1866 this year could

also be good!

The best prediction for North America is to go out from 2 a.m.

through dawn Tuesday the 19th. Face east where you'll see Leo

and maybe you'll see a few really bright ones with long trails!

And one more thing, the Leonids are the fastest of all meteors

and enter our Earth's atmosphere traveling at speeds over

158,000 miles per hour! Happy meteor storm, maybe! And Keep Looking Up!