Free Radicals

I thought the issue with free radicals is about ones that are produced near

your cells, where they can do damage, not about ones that you eat. Seems

unlikely to me that a free radical would remain free after being dissolved

in stomach acid and then being neutralized before passing through the gut

wall.

One would then worry about ingesting materials that would enhance the

formation of free radicals, not about eating foods that contain free

radicals.

Anyone care to explain this to me?

Thanks,

Kai